Welcome to the Stanford & Corringham Schools Trust website. Our Trust is the result of our passion to transform educational and social outcomes for children for the better. We know that together, we have the capacity to make a difference and are morally bound to do so. We believe in the life changing power of education and our determination to ensure that even more young people receive an exceptional education as a result of systemic partnerships between schools, is strong.
Our Trust, which is made up of a primary school, a secondary school and a sixth form college was formed in 2013 on the back of the reputation for excellence of Gable Hall School. The schools in the TSCST are unified through:
- a shared vision and shared objectives and values
- a relentless focus on an exceptional quality of learning and teaching
- joint working in key areas such as student leadership, staff professional development and pedagogy, as well as
- parent and community empowerment and the raising of aspirations
- We will provide the very best possible education and training for every student and ensure that all succeed well enough in school to go on to university or to a career of their choice. We value excellent teaching, underpinned by sound staff continuous professional development, which will ensure that we constantly move forward in deploying the best ideas and practice, eliciting the best outcomes for our students.
- We believe in achievement in its broadest sense. We know that success in English, Maths, the Sciences and the Humanities play a vital role in securing raised aspirations and we will prioritise success in these areas. We know from experience that enjoyment enhances success and we will use our excellence in the Performing Arts and Sports as drivers for raising achievement, securing student enjoyment and engagement, enhancing community cohesion.
- We want our students to have high aspirations for their own futures and within society. We want our students to develop leadership skills and lead their lives to its full potential. We nurture and challenge our students to take responsibility for their learning, make decisions and grow into accomplished citizens of the world in the 21st Century. The development of leadership skills is at the heart of how we will raise aspirations and achievement.
We are proud to be part of the Stanford and Corringham Schools Trust. We know that this model works and is socially sustainable.
We enjoy welcoming visitors to all our Academies. Please contact us if you would like more information. Thank you for your interest and we hope you find our website helpful.
Mr Steve Nash
(Chair of the Board of Trustees)